In case you’re feeling the need for a little luxury this holiday season, we’ve rounded up some gift ideas that might come in handy whether you’re on the giving or receiving end of things.
This year, Harrods, that venerable institution dedicated to conspicuous consumption, has chosen
the classic British steam train as the theme for their holiday windows.
Should you prefer your jewels to come complete with historic provenance, you may want to turn to one of London’s venerable auction houses. Here’s a little something we found from the Sotheby’s Fine Jewelry auction that took place on December 13th in London –
The festively attired elves have been sprinkled about the Oxford Street store to guide shoppers through departments, find the perfect gifts, gift wrap and carry packages and hail taxis.
Of course, you’ll need to put all of those pretty packages under a tree and for inspiration on that score we direct you to The Goring Hotel and it’s 2013 Luxury Christmas Tree Collection. This year, the trees have been created by iconic British brands including The Real Flower Company, Olivia Von Halle and Honeyjam. You can read more and see all of the trees here.
Once your shopping has been completed, reward yourself by booking in for Claridge’s Timeless Christmas offer that includes:
- A two night stay in Claridge’s
- Welcome bottle of champagne and festive treats in room on arrival
- Overnight stocking delivery filled with edible delights for the younger guests
- English breakfast on Christmas Day
- Horse-drawn carriage ride through Mayfair on Christmas morning with refreshments
- 5-course Christmas Day lunch in Claridge’s Ballroom
- Boxing Day breakfast
From £860 per room per night (including all taxes).